Browse by Continent
- Middle East
Sign up for News and Events
The Golden Egg by Donna Leon
- Price: £8.99 Add to Basket
- Commissario Brunetti returns, for his 22nd outing! This time Donna Leon's hero is trying to track down the history of a mentally-challenged man who has been found dead. What does his untimely demise have to do with the Mayor of Leon's beautifully-drawn Venice, and how can this man's sad, lonely existence tell Brunetti about a much bigger mystery? Leon has done it again, with the passionate characters, the evocative locations and the enigmatic puzzles we have come to expect from one of our best Crime Writers.
- Price: £16.99 Add to Basket
- A fascinating and deeply enjoyable foray into folklore, medieval bestiaries and Handel’s arias from the author of the enormously popular Commissario Brunetti detective novels. Twelve essays trace the evolution of mankind’s knowledge of the animals Handel references in his arias. Leon’s first work of non-fiction is a feast for the senses; beautifully written, sumptuously illustrated by Michael Sowa and accompanied by a CD of arias recorded by Il Complesso Barocco. An ideal gift.
Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon
- Price: £7.99 Add to Basket
- The first of the magnificent Brunetti novels sees the detective investigating the death of an eminent conductor during a perfomance at La Fenice theatre. In a spectacularly assured debut, Leon introduces her characters, themes and setting with such skill that delving further into the series is irresistible.
Brunetti's Venice: Walks Through the Novels by Toni Sepeda
- Price: £12.99 Add to Basket
- An absolute must for fans of Donna Leon's Brunetti novels. Quite apart from the excellent foreword by the author herself, this unique companion offers a series of walks through the real places behind the fictional scenes.