Browse by Continent
- Middle East
Wednesday, 22nd of May
Daunt Books Cheapside
An Evening of Nature Writing
Wednesday, 29th of May
Daunt Books Fulham Road
The Conquest of Everest
Thursday, 30th of May
Daunt Books Marylebone High Street
View More Events »
Sign up for News and Events
Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi
- Price: £27.00 Add to Basket
- Another beautifully-presented and mouth-watering cookbook from the Ottolenghi team. Inspired by nostalgic childhood memories of Jerusalem's cultural and culinary melting-pot, the two chefs have created a sumptuous tribute to their home city.
A Pike in the Basement by Simon Loftus
- Price: £12.99 Add to Basket
- Written with the charm of a master storyteller and the taste buds of a master chef, this is an ideal gift which conjures up memorable meals in far-flung spots, from Italy to Mississippi via Tehran and Pakistan. Beautifully illustrated with 18 original black and white woodcuts. A Pike in the Basement celebrates the importance of food as an aspect of culture, and the role played by taste and smell in our memories of travelling. Each chapter ends with a mouth-watering recipe.
The Secret Life of Syrian Lingerie by Malu Halasa & Rana Salan
- Price: £16.99 Add to Basket
- A wonderful, enchanting book which explores the lingerie market flourishing in the souks of modern Syria. Interviews with the creators, the sellers and the buyers of the remarkably exotic underwear are accompanied by rich photographs.
This is Israel by Miroslav Sasek
- Price: £10.99 Add to Basket
- A republication and update of Miroslav Sasek's glorious drawings of Israel originally published in the 1960s. This iconic book is suitable for children aged 4 and upwards and includes basic facts and brief history of the country and the culture.
Southern Frontiers by Don McCullin
- Price: £50.00 Add to Basket
- One of the world's finest contemporary photographers presents a collection of black and white images of ruins at the southern border of the Roman Empire. A wonderful coffee-table book with informative and engaging text from the Eland publisher Barnaby Rogerson.