Browse by Continent
- Middle East
Wednesday, 22nd of May
Daunt Books Cheapside
An Evening of Nature Writing
Wednesday, 29th of May
Daunt Books Fulham Road
The Conquest of Everest
Thursday, 30th of May
Daunt Books Marylebone High Street
View More Events »
Sign up for News and Events
The Japanese Chronicles by Nicolas Bouvier
- £12.99 Price: £11.69 Add to Basket
- This is a collection of travel stories and anecdotes from over a life spent travelling through Japan. Perceptive, sensitive observations mingle with Japanese history and myth, and are accompanied by the author's own startling illustrations.
Nemesis by Max Hastings
- £10.99 Price: £9.89 Add to Basket
- Lively, authoritative, well-researched history of the 1944-1945 war against Japan. A mix of first-hand experiences from British, American, Russian, Japanese and Chinese soldiers and historical account of the events and command decisions that shaped this epic struggle.
Hiroshima by John Hersey
- £9.99 Price: £8.99 Add to Basket
- John Hersey's appalling, heart-breaking account of six survivors of the Hiroshima bomb one year after it fell killing 100,000 people. The final chapter deals with his return in 1986, to discover what had happened to those people. An important, vivid, inferno of a book.
Letters from Iwo Jima by Kumiko Kakehashi
- £8.99 Price: £8.09 Add to Basket
- The gruelling, remarkable story of the Battle of Iwo Jima, where a small group of Japanese soldiers held off against US marines for 36 days, knowing they were all going to die. Kumiko Kakehashi has built her story from the letters written home by these doomed soldiers, revealing a heartbreaking and far more human image of the Japanese army.
Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima
- £11.95 Price: £10.75 Add to Basket
- The mesmerising autobiography of one of Japan's most respected authors, Yukio Mishima. This universal story of alienation and adolescence, describes his isolated childhood growing up with his grandmother in post-war Japan, his developing homosexuality and his obsession with death.