Browse by Continent
- Middle East
Wednesday, 22nd of May
Daunt Books Cheapside
An Evening of Nature Writing
Wednesday, 29th of May
Daunt Books Fulham Road
The Conquest of Everest
Thursday, 30th of May
Daunt Books Marylebone High Street
View More Events »
Sign up for News and Events
Gathering Evidence by Thomas Bernhard
- £8.99 Price: £8.09 Add to Basket
- This a powerful and melancholy memoir of a great Austrian writer's struggle with illness and identity, and of the chilling experiences of his youth that altered forever his view of the world. Somber but compelling, and written with extraordinary grace.
The Enemy at the Gate by Andrew Wheatcroft
- £14.99 Price: £13.49 Add to Basket
- In 1683 the largest army ever assembled by the Turks laid siege to Vienna. Wheatcroft has written a definitive history of that battle and the ongoing struggle between the Ottomans, the largest Empire in the Middle East, and the Hapsburgs. A riveting, well-researched and literary history.
The Habsburgs: Embodying Empire by Andrew Wheatcroft
- £12.99 Price: £11.69 Add to Basket
- Wheatcroft's account of this flamboyant and influential monarchy is masterful, if perhaps not the straightforward biography it is often taken for. The author is instead more interested in probing the symbolism of Europe through one of it's most controversial families, and his book is all the better for it.