In summer 2019 Daunt Books are publishing a collection of writing on Hampstead Heath’s Kenwood Ladies’ Pond, with contributors including Margaret Drabble, Esther Freud, Deborah Moggach and Sophie Mackintosh.
We want to find a fresh voice from the next generation of swimmers to include in the collection, so if you’re between the ages of 18-25 and the Ladies’ Pond is somewhere meaningful to you – whether you’re a regular visitor or have only recently discovered the Pond – and you feel inspired to write about it, then we want to hear from you.
Closing date: Monday 31 December 2018
Please read the below conditions of entry carefully as we are not able to consider entries that are not eligible.
Conditions of entry:
- Entrants must be over the age of 18, but not have reached their 26th birthday by Monday 31 December 2018.
- Entries should be in the form of an original piece of non-fiction, between 1500-2000 words, and entirely your own work.
- Entries must be submitted by email, to arrive no later than the closing date, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Ladies’ Pond Collection Entry’. Please include your full name, permanent address, telephone number and date of birth.
- Entries must be submitted by the closing date of Monday 31 December 2018.
- While we will respond to all eligible entries submitted within the stipulated period, we regret that we are not able to provide individual feedback.
- Results will be announced in January 2019. The winning entry will undergo the standard editorial procedure before being published in the finished book in June 2019.
- The winning entrant will receive £100 in Daunt Books vouchers.
- Copyright of entries belongs to Daunt Books.
When you enter the competition we record some personal information. We take care of this and only use it to administer the competition. We do this with your permission, and if you visit dauntbookspublishing.co.uk/privacy-policy you can read more about this. You can withdraw your permission at any time.