Frommer’s Easyguide to Alaska Cruises and Ports of Call is like having a trusted friend show you around, taking you to the places locals like best. Frommer’s guidebooks, unlike much of the competition, are written by resident experts.
Like all Easy Guides, this annually-researched and popular best-seller is “Quick to Read, Light to Carry”–and colorfully written. Fully updated yearly, and printed in large, easy-to-read type, the book contains:
- Handy pull-out map and bulleted maps throughout
- Self-guided walking tours
- Exact prices and subway directions for every listing in the book, so there are never any nasty surprises
- Opinionated advice on what to see and what to skip
- Insightful discussions of the region’s history and culture
- Photo guide with vibrant photographs, at the front of the book plus black and white photos throughout